CAST Release 1.13
This release comes in the form of a tarred and
compressed archive for SGI workstations.
To install this distribution of CNMAT's Additive Synthesis Tools (CAST), do
- Download the archive
- Create a directory on your SGI machine to hold the distribution. We
- Move CAST.1.13.tar.Z to your distribution directory.
- Uncompress and untar cast.1.13.tar.Z there.
- You will need to set the environment variables CAST_bin and CAST_library
to point to the "bin" and "lib" directories below where
you untarred the distribution. (E.g., "/usr/local/cast/bin" and
"/usr/local/cast/lib".) You might want to set these environment
variables globally for all users.
- You will probably want to add the bin directory to your (or everyone's)
- If you want to use our Tcl/Tk client, you need to make sure that Tcl/Tk is
correctly installed on your system and that you are running at least Tcl version
7.5 and Tk version 4.1. Read the README file in the lib/tcltk subdirectory for
- If you want to use our Max objects, you will have to get them from your SGI
to your Macintosh. Read the file README-macintosh in the macintosh